Friday, June 19, 2015

Denver, Colorado to Jackson, Wyoming


Wow, I'm tired!  I honestly can't believe that in one day we flew from Atlanta to Denver, then hopped in a car and drove 500+ miles to Jackson, Wyoming.  I am so thankful for the comfortable Suburban that Ronnie scored as our rental.

Everyone napped along the way, but I found myself not wanting to miss one second of the amazing view.  The first thing we noticed was how BIG Denver appeared.  We could see for miles as we drove on the highway.  The snow capped mountains in June seemed unreal...truly unreal.

As we turned onto highway 80 west, we noticed miles of wooden fences along the sides of the highway.  At first we thought the fences kept cattle from crossing the road, but there were breaks in the fences, so that didn't make sense.  So...we googled it and...would have never guessed...check this out!

The air is so crisp and clean and the breeze outside our window is both refreshing and calming.  The condo that we rented for the next 2 nights reminds me of the ski house that my family owned near Waterville Valley, New Hampshire.  It's rustic and charming and about 8 miles from downtown Jackson.  I now understand why the rich and famous vacation here, it is gorgeous.

Forget about new countertops or hardwood floors.  This year is about creating memories with our awesome kids.  Day one...complete. The scrabble game just finished and we are ready for another full day tomorrow touring Yellowstone.